Geostatistical layer to raster empty

03-22-2016 08:07 AM
RajPatnaik
New Contributor

I'm running ArcGIS 10.2 and have been using the Geostatistical Wizard to create an interpolation layer using ordinary kriging. The Wizard has successfully run the kriging operation and produced a geostatistical layer output, which looks quite reasonable. However, when I try to export the GA layer to a raster (I've tried both GA Layer to Grid and Data->Export to Raster from the TOC) the resulting raster is empty. The range of the raster layer as shown in the TOC is -3.4...e+038 to 3.4...e+038, and when I open the properties for the layer, no summary stats are shown. Calculating Statistics is not doing anything, it runs, but doesn't change the summary stats and the raster still appears empty. The projection information of the original point data and the output raster match. Herewith attached the Jpeg which shows the geostatistical result and exported result with -3.4...e+038 to 3.4...e+038

Let me know if I'm missing something...Please advise!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

Ravi

Please post an image of the preview page in the Wizard.

Do you have any environments set?

Did you change the cell size?

What do you get from GALayerToContour?

BTW Data->Export to Raster from the TOC does not work against a GA layer

-Steve

0 Kudos
RajPatnaik
New Contributor

Here it is attached.

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

and the rest of the questions?

0 Kudos
RajPatnaik
New Contributor

What does "rest of the questions" mean?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If the result is a floating point raster, it will have no table... is that what you are expecting? and as Steve says... too little information forthcoming so far

0 Kudos
RajPatnaik
New Contributor

I know the floating point raster wouldn't have table. Here I don't see the image. Herewith attached my window.

Thank you in advance,

R

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you have any environments set?

Did you change the cell size?

What do you get from GALayerToContour?

and, all output from the interpolations are floating point.

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

Ravi

You do realize that the EmpiricalBayesianKriging geoprocessing tool can output to a geostatistical layer or to a raster or to both?

-Steve

0 Kudos
RajPatnaik
New Contributor

Yes. I did. the raster out put gave the result with -3.4...e+038 to 3.4...e+038

0 Kudos