Geoprocessing Service using Model Builder Iterators?

05-26-2011 04:37 AM
HeatherLizama
New Contributor
Hi,

Currently I have a model that works on desktop but does not run as a service. I have narrowed down the issue to a failure of the tool, "Iterate Field Values" that is available in model builder.

Is it even possible to use the iterator tools (available in Model Builder - ArcGIS 10) and have it run as a service? Or should I have only python scripts that complete the iterations?

Thank you for your help! H
0 Kudos
15 Replies
HeatherLizama
New Contributor
Cannot post the data online due to non disclosure agreement. But if you could message me privately or I can set up a GoTo Meeting? How do we connect for some help? Thanks, H
0 Kudos
AndrewChapkowski
Esri Regular Contributor
Ok, how about just posting the model and script source code and describe what type of data you are using as inputs. Points, lines, polygons, etc...

Thank you
0 Kudos
HeatherLizama
New Contributor
The model has been updated with all necessary tools.

Input Parameters:

1) Boundary Feature Set with one or more polygons
2) Parcel Feature Set with numerous polys within Boundary Feature Set
3) Folder string to pass to "Zip Folder" script

Output Parameters:

1) Zip file of parsed out Parcel polygon Feature Classes

This service will pass a zipped folder to another service to complete statistical analysis.

This service gives no errors after publishing and no descriptive errors at run time...just states "Failed".

Thank you for your help!
0 Kudos
AndrewChapkowski
Esri Regular Contributor
I made some changes to your model and it worked from ArcGIS Server 10 .NET.

1. Removed the delete in_memory at end of model
2. Remove in_memory from layer names
3. Changed the 2nd parameter in your zip script from required to derived
4. Dropped the custom save location, the server's scratch workspace should be used.  The model will now return a zip file and that file can be used in the second step of your tool.

Some other things to consider when publishing:
1. Do the SOM and SOC accounts have the proper permissions to run this task?
2. Is all the required data accessible by the SOC?
3. Enable local jobs directory
4. Turn on show messages when debugging online gp tools
0 Kudos
HeatherLizama
New Contributor
Thanks for all of the helpful info. I have updated, I think, everything that you have mentioned.

Getting the following error after running the service:

updateParameters Execution Error: Runtime error <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: No module named collections
Failed.

Thoughts?
0 Kudos
HeatherLizama
New Contributor
Would the above error have anything to do with the size of the Input Parcel Parameter FC? The FC has approx 300,000 records.

Thank you!
0 Kudos