Geoprocessing: Apply Symbology fails

Jump to solution
12-07-2016 07:24 AM
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi guys,

I've created a model that creates an event layer and then a feature class from a table in SQL

the table is updated every 5 minutes and the geprocessing plots the point at its last location according to the timestamp.

It works.

Now I want to see my custom Symbology. I thought that I should add the tool "apply symbology" and then publish the geoprocessing tool with the map server option checked.

The GP needs to be seen on a WAB map.

the model does the following:

create an events layer, creates a feature class in a scratchGDB (default.gdb for the time being). then I want to apply the symbology and I am not sure the parameter are correct:

the problem is that this points feature it does not exits until I create it.

All the time I validate, the points FC disappears.

If i set my FC as a precondition how can I set a non existing layer as a input. I assume the problem is to be found in the scratchworkspace.

How can I make this working?

thanks

error

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbdullahAnter

Did You try to make points feature (output) as layer

Add "Make Feature Layer" tool to "points" feature and before Apply symbology from Layer

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AbdullahAnter

Did You try to make points feature (output) as layer

Add "Make Feature Layer" tool to "points" feature and before Apply symbology from Layer

PanGIS
by

Abdullah,

Adam

Thank you!

This not only is the correct answer but also the logical one!

0 Kudos
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Abdullah is correct. The Points layer created needs to be a feature layer to apply symbology. It looks like this (tested and works).

-Adam Z