Geocoding: There was an error trying to process this table.

Jump to solution
01-07-2016 06:08 AM
jasonlouis
New Contributor II

I have an excel spreadsheet with about 40 entries.  I have imported it into Arcmap successfully.  When I attempt to geocode it, I have entries for the address, city, and postal fields and then I get the "there was an error trying to process this table" error, which doesn't help one bit.  I was just accepted into my organization's online organization group, so perhaps there's something I need to check off that I've not been able to find.  Otherwise, I'm at an impasse. 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Excel files are supported when geocoding against the ArcGIS Online World service, if that is the locator you are using.  It is possible your file had some cell values that cannot be converted to string values or are null in a required input like the address field, try converting the file to a geodatabase table with Excel to Table first.

Regards

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Excel files are supported when geocoding against the ArcGIS Online World service, if that is the locator you are using.  It is possible your file had some cell values that cannot be converted to string values or are null in a required input like the address field, try converting the file to a geodatabase table with Excel to Table first.

Regards