Gazetteer locator in ArcMap for Desktop and Runtime content has different geocoding behaviour

09-24-2014 05:00 AM
EdL
by
New Contributor II

I have a gazetteer locator created in ArcMap 10.2.2. The same locator has been used to generate a runtime content to be used in a .Net application.

Now when I try to geocode a place-name in ArcMap, 2 results is returned and is rather accurate. When it is loaded to the .Net application, no correct results was returned at all. In fact if the locator simply returns all 8000 data records if not for the 20 result limit (Total of 8000 data records, Max. return: 10000 records).

The result I am looking for is listed with a match score of 66.

Cap2.PNG

Cap1.PNG

For the application, I only configured as stated when calling the LocalLocatorTask.GeocodeAsync method:

Dictionary<string, string> inputAddress = new Dictionary<string, string>()

{

{

locatorPackage.LocatorServiceInfomation.SingleLineAddressField.FieldName,

query

}

};

Is this a bug or am I missing an option which has to be configured in the runtime application?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

Ed,

Did you ever find an answer to this? I've got a very similar situation in 10.3.1

Thanks,

Mikkel

0 Kudos
EdL
by
New Contributor II

No, I haven't been able to figure this out.

Anyway, I have since moved away from using ArcGIS locators long ago so I doubt I even remember how to create the locators.

0 Kudos