Feature Class to Geodatabase (multiple) error 000210

Jump to solution
10-05-2012 12:33 PM
PaulKroseman
Occasional Contributor II
I am having problems using the tool on some feature classes in ArcSDE 10.0 SP3. The same feature classes both work when using using Feature Class to Feature Class tool but 1 fails with error 000210 on Feature Class to Geodatabase (multiple).

I have 2 feature classes with names
FC1 - TEST.DBO.aaaaabbbbbcccccddd
FC2 - TEST.DBO.aaaaabbbbbcccccdddddeeeee

FC1 will fail but FC2 will succeed. If I shorten the name of FC1 by 1 character (TEST.DBO.aaaaabbbbbcccccdd) it will also succeed.

I exported FC1 to a file GDB using FCtoFC. I imported from file GDB back to SDE using both FCtoFC and FCtoGDB successfully. The problem only occurs for SDE to SDE. I tried multiple SDE databases and each one had the issue with that feature class. I performed Check Geometry and Repair Geometry after exporting to file GDB; found no errors.

Does anyone know what might be wrong with the feature class to cause this behavior?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulKroseman
Found my problem. There was a field named Area. Since it's a reserved word, GIS changed the name to <feature class name>.Area which exceeded the maximum field length of 31 characters but allowed the field to exist. FCtoFC tool apparently can handle this while FCtoGDB cannot. Shortening the feature class name worked since it also shortened the field name.

I deleted the field to fix the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulKroseman
Found my problem. There was a field named Area. Since it's a reserved word, GIS changed the name to <feature class name>.Area which exceeded the maximum field length of 31 characters but allowed the field to exist. FCtoFC tool apparently can handle this while FCtoGDB cannot. Shortening the feature class name worked since it also shortened the field name.

I deleted the field to fix the problem.
0 Kudos