Exporting ECW files

Jump to solution
01-25-2018 07:26 PM
janehansen
New Contributor III

Hi, I have  25 of ecw ortho files that make up a mosaic of a study area.  I am wondering how I can merge each ecw together into a single file and then export it as a sid or tiff.

Thanks,

Jane

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor

Use the mosaic to new raster tool to output a single tiff file:  Mosaic To New Raster—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Make sure you set a compression type in the environment settings or your output file size will be much larger than the sum of the originals. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/imagery/supported-raster-dataset-file-formats.htm

Says they are read-only. Have you tried saving them to *tiff first prior to a merge? (sid requires additional software from FME)

Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor

Why convert to individual tiffs first? It doesn't matter that the ECWs are read only, the question isn't about outputting to ECW. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I guess I had erroneously assumed she would have tried that already

0 Kudos
Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor

Use the mosaic to new raster tool to output a single tiff file:  Mosaic To New Raster—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Make sure you set a compression type in the environment settings or your output file size will be much larger than the sum of the originals. 

janehansen
New Contributor III

Thanks for your help Dan and Luke. Before posting I did try to run the mosaic to new raster tool but it didn't work first time round so I thought maybe I was using the wrong tool.  I have now succeeded so thanks for your input.

Jane

0 Kudos