Exporting After Join

09-12-2021 06:25 AM
AxelBELEMTOUGRI
New Contributor

I am using Arcmap 10.5 and I have a table stored in a geodatabase so a Geodatabase table with 15 500 000 rows and 8 columns. I joined to this table data from the attribute table of several shapefiles having a common field with the table using the "Add joint" tool. To keep the joins permanent with the original table, I tried to export the table. My problem is that the export process starts but never finishes. I thought it was the number of rows that was the problem but without the joins when I try to re-export the original table under another name it takes 10 minutes. I think that the table refuses to be exported with the joins and I don't understand where the problem is.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I would definitely try exporting the shapefiles to Feature Classes initially, joining again then exporting to a feature class.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

How many more columns are appended to the table with the join?  And are you really using shapefiles?  Is there a particular reason you cannot use a relationship class rather than a permenant join?

That should just about do it....
DudleyMcFadden
New Contributor II

Have you created indices on the attributes participating in the join?  (ArcToolbox, Data Management Tools, Indexes, Add Attribute Index).  I don't think shapefiles and file geodatabases support multiple indices directly, but it still might help.

0 Kudos