Select to view content in your preferred language

Error with Zonal Statistics As Table and Image Services from online

09-21-2023 01:33 PM
RoderickPerendy
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I've run into an issue that turned its head when our organization upgraded to Pro 3.1.

The primary issue is in regards to using living atlas terrain raster layers with Zonal Statistics as Table (ZST) Geoprocessing service.

Prior to 3.1, I had a model builder script that would iterate through a polygon layer, and for each feature, it would calculate the zonal statistics as a table using Esri's Terrain Slope in Degrees image service and append to an existing table. To speed the model up I would make copy features to memory of the selected features and use these to set the mask and extent environments of the ZST. This worked wonderfully until 3.1. 

Now, when attempting the same model the ZST errors out due to:
Error 001491 Cannot process above the size limits of the image service: 'WorldElevation/Terrain'. The allowed maximum number of rows and columns is 5000 and 5000 respectively. Please adjust the output extent and/or cellsize to fit within the limits.

Understanding this I have attempted the following:
1. Clip Raster prior to ZST using selected features from iteration and copy features in memory to set the environment extent but the same error is thrown.
2. Extract by Mask prior to ZST. Same error as 1.
3. Create Make Image Server Layer of the raster using the extent from selected features or copies of in memory prior to ZST. Interestingly enough this got past the 001491 error but when rasterizing the selected features get hung up at 0%. 

I've also attempted to do the same in a pure python script for my original model builder but using describe to reset the arcpy.env.extent to the extent of each feature in a loop and still kicks out the error. 

It really seems to me the ZST tool for some odd reason isn't properly resetting the extent if it's coming from an online source. 

Has anyone else run into similar issues lately? If so, how did you go about solving it?

I have submitted a ticket with ESRI and they informed me of the following bugs:
BUG-000157734: "Unable to use the 'Extract by Mask' geoprocessing tool with the image service in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1."
BUG-000156399: "When using ArcGIS Pro geoprocessing tools with the Input Raster parameter that accepts an image service, specifying an extent on the Parameters tab does not clear Error 001491."

Thank You,
Rod

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RoderickPerendy
Occasional Contributor

I should add the polygons layer are polygons of circles with a 200-foot radius. Even at the Living Atlas Terrain layers of .25m in X and Y shouldn't exceed the server limits. 

0 Kudos