Error with operation: 'Raster to Other Format'

04-10-2019 12:56 AM
Jorritvan_der_Schot
New Contributor

Hi,

I hope I can ask a question here about how to solve the problem I'm experiencing when using the conversion tool 'Raster to Other Format'.

Specifications:
ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1
Device: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.71GHz (8.00GB RAM)
64-bit operating system

Problem:
Following the steps of this link, I tried to convert a .bil file to TIFF format using the conversion tool 'Raster to Other Format'. The tool failed to create an output, see the error messages below. 

What I have tried: 
- I have tried using both a file geodatabase and an output folder, if I understand correctly I have to use a folder. 
- I have tried different output formats (TIFF, IMAGE, GRID)

Please let me know if anything is unclear! I appreciate any help. 
Thanks in advance.

Jorrit

Image 1: Error message

Image 2 and 3: Raster to Other Format tool

Image 4: .hdr file I created (see earlier link)

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Did Copy raster fail to do the job? Use the folder as your output workspace and when specifying a filename, don't forget the *.tif to be sure

Copy Raster—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

As for the hdr, try removing the blank lines

0 Kudos
Jorritvan_der_Schot
New Contributor

Thank you for your quick reaction! I appreciate it. 

Unfortunately Copy Raster did not work. It returns the same error (see image below) as with the 'raster to other format'-tool. Removing the blank lines from the .hdr-file also made no difference.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Don't know at this point, but the filename has an extra ".", it might be worth renaming it and the header to "my.bil" and "my.hdr" since there seems to be some issues with reading the file from its filename in either of the tools (loading it and seeing it in Pro or arcmap is a separate environment)

0 Kudos
Jorritvan_der_Schot
New Contributor

Thanks again, unfortunately this also didn't work. I'll figure something out.

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

If you can actually load the raster into ArcMap and view it then right click on it in the table of contents and go to data>export. You can export it to TIFF via that route. If that fails then it would strongly suggest there is something corrupted with the source data. I would then try and download it again.

0 Kudos