This is a serious blockage in my work flow at the moment, but oddly, it's worked for about half of my data but not the rest.
I'm trying to use the Locate Features Along Routes tool in ArcGIS10.1. I have a polyline layer as the input, a polyline routes layer as the input routes layer. I need to locate features from the input layer along the routes of the input routes layer.
Basically, I've got four large watersheds that I need to do this for. The tool ran smoothly for the first one but will not work for the other three. There should not be substantial differences between these datasets. I've obtained the data straight from the USGS NHD website so it is unaltered with fields and properties identical among watersheds.
I have disabled Background Processing since I thought that was the issue. When Background Processing is disabled I get the 99999 error. When it is enabled I get the 001143 error, that says I should turn off background processing. I'm stuck in a cyclic zone of zero productivity. This isn't good. Seems like others have had similar problems.