Dissolving parcels to each block with the same landuse

Jump to solution
02-25-2015 01:56 PM
AlmazNaizghi
New Contributor III

Hello,
I have a city wide data of parcels with different land use. I want to dissolve each parcels based on their land use at each block.

1, Image one below is the example of my original data.

Print_screen.png.jpg

2. Image two below with two blocks I manually dissolved (RL) as example is what I want my data to look for the whole city. But I do no how to do it?Print_screen1.jpg

Thanks,

Almaz

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

Once you dissolve based on land use, you can split apart the separate blocks using Multipart to Singlepart, or select all, then Explode. Either method will separate disjoint polygons.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

You mention dissolving, so I assume you've tried the Dissolve tool. Have you?

0 Kudos
AlmazNaizghi
New Contributor III

Thanks Darren,

Yea I tried dissolve....but what it does is dissolve the whole city data based on the different land use. For example it dissolve all "RL" together. However, I want my data to look like the example I did in image two. I mean "RL" for each block.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

Once you dissolve based on land use, you can split apart the separate blocks using Multipart to Singlepart, or select all, then Explode. Either method will separate disjoint polygons.

AlmazNaizghi
New Contributor III

Great idea!

I never thought about using Multipart to Singlepart to separate the blocks after they are dissolved. I will try and see how it works.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos