Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating wedge-shaped territories

01-19-2016 07:02 AM
JuanetteWillis
New Contributor II

Good morning, I am trying to create new territories for our inspectors based on the number of locations to be inspected. Our office is centrally located in the county. We are wanting to have wedge-shaped territories radiating from our office, like pieces of a pie. Any suggestions on how to have the GIS assist with the division?

Thanks,

Juanette

32 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The process you are describing is what my script is doing. The "fudge factor", you mention is the variable "tol" in my script.

tol = 3 # a tolerance value (will stop if current value >= search value - tolerance)

DavidBollinger
New Contributor III

oops, my bad, never mind, cheers.   (i should have actually studied your code, instead I was focused on the output image, which didn't appear to be fitting via tolerance)

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The most important thing is, that we are thinking along the same lines. I guess it is a logical thought to do it this way. I have inserted a new image based on smaller steps (a third of a degree) and added a red circle to make it easier to detect difference in the resulting angles (width of the wedges). There are still deviations, but it is a bit closer to the desired result.