Create Multipatch

03-15-2012 01:31 AM
MatusHrabcak
New Contributor
Hello,

I am trying to create Multipatch file using Modelbuilder in Arcgis 9.3. I have problem to us final tool "LAYER 3D TO FEATURE CLASS". First I create *.shp file from *.txt file. Then i create 3D *.shp feature class, after this my final problem is this tool above....
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor
The way that the Layer 3D to Feature Class tool works is that it take the 3D properties from the layer within ArcScene or ArcGlobe and applies them to the creation of the multipatch.  If you are running this in ModelBuilder, you will need to have it added to ArcScene with 3D properties applied before the tool will work.
0 Kudos
MatusHrabcak
New Contributor
Ok, and how can i apllied 3D properties in Arcscene to my feature class to use Layer 3D to Feature Class tool. After this will i be able to create Multipatch?
0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor
You can go to the Layer Properties > Extrusion tab to make your feature use 3D symbology.  The Base Height tab will also allow you to set your feature's elevation.

About using extrusion as 3D symbology
0 Kudos
MatusHrabcak
New Contributor
Thank you all, but  i need to use this tool in modelbuilder. When i used base hights in arcscene with z values the result is good. But if i use extrusions with z values, the result is not good (lines). I uploded pictures of situation with base heights and extrusion. It is historical chapel (back side). Is it posible to create multipatch file from txt file (points with xyz) in modelbuilder? I already done Multipatch model using Google Sketchup and Arcscene, but i need also the another option (Modelbuilder, if is it posible).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12843[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12844[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12845[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos