CONVERTING POLYGON TO POINT EDGES FEATURES/SHAPEFILE

Jump to solution
01-14-2014 10:09 PM
SaniTakwim
New Contributor
Dear All,

I would like to convert my polygon shapefile to a point shapefile where all the edges of the polygon will be turned into points. If possible all the x,y values will be automatically calculated in the x and y fields. Is any there any tool in ArcGIS that can do this (there's one but it converts polygon into point centroid which is not what I want)? Help appreciated. TQ.

Sani
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Sani,

You can use this tool to create your points. Once you have created the points just add a field called X and a field called Y (make those fields Double fields) and then use the field calculator to calculate your X and Y coordinates.

Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Sani,

You can use this tool to create your points. Once you have created the points just add a field called X and a field called Y (make those fields Double fields) and then use the field calculator to calculate your X and Y coordinates.

Tim
0 Kudos
SaniTakwim
New Contributor
Thanks. So you just need to customize by adding the Feature Vertices to points command to the Data Management Tools(DMT) for usage! For the coordinates, I just used the Add X,Y Coordinates already available in my DMT.
0 Kudos