Can't share a model to GIS server

Jump to solution
03-14-2014 06:40 AM
JoshSaad1
Occasional Contributor II
When I try to share a model from the Results screen in ArcMap, the Share As options are grayed out.  This has never happened to me before.  Anyone know how I can share my model?  Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32199[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor
The 10.1 doc lists these possibilities:

The Share As menu choice will be disabled for a result when:

??? Invalid result???a result that has an execution error.
??? The Service Editor is already open???you can only publish one service at a time. If you want to add a result to a service you are sharing, see Adding a task to a geoprocessing service.
??? The result was created by executing a geoprocessing task???only tools that execute on your computer can be shared.
??? The result is from an execution of the Stage Service or Upload Service Definition tool???these tools cannot be made into services.
??? The result uses a model tool that has list variables within a model???model tools that use list variables cannot be made into a geoprocessing task.

Are any of those true?

Melita

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor
The 10.1 doc lists these possibilities:

The Share As menu choice will be disabled for a result when:

??? Invalid result???a result that has an execution error.
??? The Service Editor is already open???you can only publish one service at a time. If you want to add a result to a service you are sharing, see Adding a task to a geoprocessing service.
??? The result was created by executing a geoprocessing task???only tools that execute on your computer can be shared.
??? The result is from an execution of the Stage Service or Upload Service Definition tool???these tools cannot be made into services.
??? The result uses a model tool that has list variables within a model???model tools that use list variables cannot be made into a geoprocessing task.

Are any of those true?

Melita
0 Kudos
JoshSaad1
Occasional Contributor II
Thanks.  While trying to verify I recreated the model and was able to upload it.
0 Kudos