Calculate Value Tool Not Dynamic in Model

02-20-2013 08:19 PM
NathanHeick
Occasional Contributor II
I designed several models that use a Calculate Value tool at the beginning of the model.  I just noticed that when the models run, they are not using the dynamic result of the Calculate Value tool.  They are instead using the result from the last time I manually ran it from within Model Builder.  Since I use the same inputs 95% of the time, I never noticed it until now.  Why doesn't it use the dynamic result?  If I run the model from ArcCatalog, the messages clearly indicate it runs first and produces the correct result, but the input for the next tool is the stored result.

Has anyone else noticed this?  I am using ArcGIS 10.1 SP1.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BarbaraSieg
Esri Contributor
Models have a state that is maintained when you run from the Model Builder window. Intermediate data is preserved between model runs, etc. Running a model from a toolbox is not the same; refer to the "Running models" topic and its associated links in the 10.1 Help:
  http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Running_models/002w0000005m000000/
Within Model Builder, you may need to delete intermediate data and re-validate the model.
0 Kudos