Select to view content in your preferred language

Automate Spatial Adjustment

12-23-2010 05:46 AM
KennethGibson
New Contributor II
I've been having a look to see if there is a way to automate the functions of the Spatial Adjustment toolbar which only seems to reside within ArcMap. It would be very useful to be able to write some Python code to carry out such tasks as they can be quite repetitive and take some time to set up, especially as adjustments are often done in several phases.

There's probably a good reason why this doesn't currently exist but it would be useful if a new processing tool such as arcpy.Adjust_SpatialAdjustment could be created. It might be something like:

Adjust_SpatialAdjustment(feature classes, link file, adjustment type, adjust extent)
with the adjust extent as an optional polygon feature class

I'd like to be able to loop through a code that would do something like:
Adjust_SpatialAdjustment("admin; roads; lakes", phase1adjust.txt, rubbersheet, "adjustextent.shp")

If this can already be done then I'd be keen to know how.

Many thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanLee
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
Yes, we are working on the automation of spatial adjustment, especially the automated creation of displacement links through feature matching for rubbersheeting. If you or anyone would like to send us your use cases and sample data, please email me:  dlee@esri.com.

Thansk!
0 Kudos
DanLee
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
In case you haven't heard about it, a set of conflation tools (Editing toolbox - Conflation toolset) was released in ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.1 and updated in 10.2.2. They perform rubbersheeting, edgematching, and attribute transfer through feature matching. A related tool, Detect Feature Chagnes (Data Management toolbox - Data Comparison toolset), was also released the same time. Check them out! Your feedbacks are welcome; feel freet to email dlee@esri.com.

Thansk.
0 Kudos