Automate Checkout of Arcpad and Rename Folder

02-07-2012 10:04 AM
RandyCass
New Contributor
I am trying to figure out how to batch export multiple arcpad 10 projects in arcmap 10 from one mxd file.  I configured the Configure Project for Geoprocessing tool in ArcPad Data Manager.  The model I created to checkout the arcpad project runs correctly and creates the arcpad project in the directory with the standard naming convention (DataForArcPad#) (The model seen here does not have a loop to select units but just wanted to show how I had the tool setup).  What I want to be able to do is loop over a layer (Stands) and create a arcpad project for each unit from a selection query.  I was wondering if there is some way to pass a variable name or what I use in the select by attributes query and name the output folder to this name rather than the default DataForArcPad naming convention using the Process ArcPad Project Tool.  Is it possible to rename the checkout folder without manually doing this?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
CalebGarrett
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to figure out the exact same thing. Did you ever come up with anything?

0 Kudos