ArcPro2.1 Apply Symbology From Layer tool error: arguement "Update Symbology Ranges by Data" not working

03-22-2018 04:20 PM
erinheinrich
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Think I've found a bug

To my understanding this arguement should recalculate my quantiles based on the new data, but it just uses the same classes from the source Symbology Layer.

Here are my inputs:

Once I've run the tool as per above, here are results:

Note, exactly the same break points... not what it is supposed to do... which is"

Anyone got ideas? Thanks.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I apologize that you're experiencing this issue. 

I tested this workflow and to me it appears to be a bug that the ranges don't update.  I've logged [BUG-000115732: Update Symbology Ranges by Data does not have any effect when using Apply Symbology From Layer with raster data.]  If you're experiencing this issue, please call technical support to verify and get attached to the bug for tracking purposes.

Thank you.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Kory:

The OP says this is a problem in Pro 2.1.  When you replicated the issue to say it was a bug, did you perform your testing in 2.1 or the most current version 2.2.0?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I tested in 2.2 and see the same behavior. 

0 Kudos
EricErtl
New Contributor III

I have been experiencing the same behavior but with vector data.  I will log with tech support as well.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks, Eric.  Once you and an analyst have confirmed you're seeing this same issue, they would be able to attach you to the bug referenced above in the thread: BUG-000115732

Cheers

0 Kudos