ArcGIS 10.6.1 Issues working with a SQL database view: unable to export data or create XY event layer

07-23-2019 03:35 PM
ITDGIS
by
New Contributor

I am working to locate a number of records(approximately 40,000) from a SQL database view of some data(items used in construction). I am doing this by performing an attribute join based on a key number with one of our feature classes(construction projects) which has lat long information(in decimal degrees) .

This join performs successfully but when I try to make an XY Event layer this tool runs indefinitely. When I tried to export the data from the view to a separate geodatabase it seemingly runs to completion and then also keeps running indefinitely(see screenshot). I am able to manually select a subset of records and export those, but selecting all records or trying to do a select by attributes does not work.

I have run the aforementioned process in both Pro 2.4 and ArcMap 10.6 and tried running it in Model Builder as well as the GP tool by itself.

enter image description here

This is a large number of records, but not unreasonable so I wonder what could be causing this issue. There are issues of data quality within the data but I cleaned the Lat and Long fields and the attribute join between the feature class and the sql view works.There are also multiple points stacked on top of each other( multiple items per construction project)

0 Kudos
0 Replies