Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS 10.1 - Probelm with exporting a Shape-file to Geodatabase (single)

11-03-2014 09:18 AM
SimoneKilian
New Contributor

Hello!

In class we just started with an introduction to ArcGIS and i had a big probelm- that even my professor could not solve.

When i try to export a shape-file to a Geodatabase (single o mutliple) it just appears this window:

Unbenannt.JPG

At the beginning, the window showed other messages, that some add-on´s were missing. So i activeted active-X in Internet Explorer. I also checked the window`s service pack and everything seemd to be ok... So i tried so restart the programm and the computer and proceeded with a new installation of ArcGIS - but guess: same problem!

My professor told me to do all these things, but its still not working,

What other ideas do you have or do you else have had any similar problem and can give me a possible solution??

Thank you,

Simone

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have already uninstalled and reinstalled ArcGIS Desktop, which it seems like you have, then I still think it is related to IE settings somehow, but I am fresh out of ideas.  What about if you create a new, temporary user profile on that machine, does running tools work better under that other user profile?  (This could give an indication whether it is a machine-level issue or user profile issue.)

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Simone, is you have IE11 installed, try uninstalling to ie9 or at least IE 10,    [uninstall can be done thru the normal Control Panel -Add/Remove Programs, but may need to "View installed updates"]

If IE10, and it still doesn't work, I found a document on microsofte support page a while back (can't anymore) but I have the settings that need changing pinned to my wall, so could supply the info later, if that is the problem.or you would like to try.

If you are already on ie9, then this wouldn't help. (you didn't mention if this was a standard setup in a class room, our your machine, so thought I would mention it, just in case)

0 Kudos
SimoneKilian
New Contributor

Hi Rebeca,

I installed ie9 (as you said) and it´s still the same problem. My teacher told me that i should better install the newest version of ie - but either ie 11 or  ie9 make any difference on ArcGIS ....

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Not that this will make any additional difference, but did you apply all the current patches available for ie9?

Can I ask what type of course you are taking?  If in a classroom, is it only your computer that is having issues? If not in a classroom, do you have access to another machine that you can test it?

What operating system are you using?  Win7 or win8 (or 8.1), or older XP, etc?

0 Kudos