Apply Symbology from Layer tool in Model Builder

10-06-2020 06:00 PM
Chae-youngOh
Esri Contributor

Hello all Geographers!

I've stuck in a problem of using Apply symbology from layer tool in the model builder (ArcGIS Pro). I haven't checked if there's any similar question in GeoNet, so sorry ahead if there's one.

I made a feature class and got through a series of field calculations. Then, I want to use that tool to import the symbology values from another layer (different path as well). 

I put the tool in my model builder and set required fields of the tool parameters by right-clicking the tool, creating variables, and assigning parameters. After hitting the save, I opened the model to run as a model (not inside the model builder). Here my problem goes. 

I was able to set the input layer, symbology layer, and even update symbology ranges. However, the source field from the Symbology Fields did not have the drop-down menus for selecting the field. Anyone knows how to solve this?

Thanks in advance and Have a great day

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BBicking1
Esri Contributor

Hello cyoh,

can you please share your model, or at least a screenshot showing your settings?
Having the model will help to possibly reproduce your issue.
Also, please include info about what version of ArcGIS Pro you're using.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Chae-youngOh
Esri Contributor

Hi Barbara,

Luckily, I found a tool make feature layer which converts the feature class to feature layer. 

The tool, Apply Symbology From Feature Layer, required the input as the feature layer not the feature class when being used in the model builder. 

Thanks for your help tho! Have a great day

0 Kudos
BBicking1
Esri Contributor

That's good news Chae-young.
Thanks for letting us know.

0 Kudos