64 bit background processing on ArcGIS student eval copy?

02-22-2017 10:35 PM
JuliusAnchang
New Contributor

Is there any way to get 64 bit background processing with an ArcGIS Desktop 10.3 - 10.5 student license? It is not listed among the packages on the download page after activating EVA code. I am running 64-bit Enthought Canopy as my main python environment and would like to access arcpy within it. I know I can switch to 32 bit Canopy but would rather not if I can help it.

Thanks

I apologize if this is the wrong forum or a redundant question. I could not find any direct information from google search.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Julius,

Have you seen this article regarding background processing?

Background Geoprocessing (64-bit)—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

0 Kudos
JuliusAnchang
New Contributor

Yes I read it but it does not mention anything about student/trial editions.  I was asking because the student/eval license seems to include a fully loaded standard Deskop suite with a 1 year limitation. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JuliusAnchang
New Contributor

Unfortunately this is for a personal/home computer. Now that you mention it, I do have ArcGIS on a lab computer ton campus. I will talk to the IT personnel about it.Thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If you are getting it through an educational institution and download it through their site, contact your coordinator, they may or may not make it available.

JuliusAnchang
New Contributor

Unfortunately this is for a personal/home computer. Now that you mention it, I do have ArcGIS on a lab computer ton campus. I will talk to the IT personnel about it.Thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos
ManviLather1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

There is no Background Geoprocessing 64 bit under the downloads for EVA license. However, you can contact ESRI support they can help you in downloading the Background Geoprocessing 64 bit.