Which SDE tables contain the Distributed Geodatabase Replica Logs

01-17-2019 10:03 AM
RandyKreuziger
Occasional Contributor III

Which SDE/GDB tables contain the replication logs? 

I'd like to write a job to verify that the replication is taking place daily and that it's successful, if not, send out an email alert.  Has anyone done this already?  Thanks.

Env:  SQL Server 2012, SDE 10.4

0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I do not think that log file is within the geodatabase system tables. They are usually located here:

Replica Logs
File(s): ReplicaLog.dat
*Note: You can change the default location in the Distributed Geodatabase toolbar in ArcMap:
i.e. Distributed Geodatabase > Properties > General > Logging Properties > Log file path

A quick tour of replica management—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

The replica activity log—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

--- George T.
RandyKreuziger
Occasional Contributor III

I'm having a problem finding it.  The original data is onprem with the replica up on AWS.  The sync is run as a scheduled task up on AWS owned by me but run using an shared AD service type account for use running scheduled jobs.  The ReplicaLog.dat under my C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\ESRI folder is completely empty size 0KB and there is no ReplicaLog.dat file in the service account folder.  I made sure that file explorer is set to show hidden items.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would think that the file is located on the client machine that runs the sync. I would also make sure that the log level on the client machine is set to anything but "NONE".

--- George T.
0 Kudos