View Connection to a Lock

02-14-2022 11:31 AM
Labels (1)
DirtDogRoj
New Contributor III

Is anyone experiencing the behavior below?  ArcCatalog performs the following task just fine.

Scenario: In ArcGIS Pro (currently 2.9.1), I right-click a feature class in an enterprise geodatabase (logged in as the class' owner and dbo), and select Locks from the context menu.  I right-click a lock in the list and select View User.

Expected behavior: I should be taken to the Connections tab and the User row in question should be highlighted.

Actual behavior: I am taken to the Connections tab and no rows are highlighted.

I suppose I can script this, but the UI should be sufficient for us.

4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Using my Geodatabase Administrator connection file (sde), I right-click the *.sde file and click Properties.  In the Database Properties UI, click Connections followed by "Show connected users and locks."  In the Connections/Locks UI, select Locks and find/select the lock of interest.  Right-click on the lock and select View User.  The UI switches to Connections highlighting the user's lock connection in the UI.  Would this work for you?

0 Kudos
DirtDogRoj
New Contributor III

Thank you for your reply.  Your suggested workflow gets me to the same place, yet in a different manner, as I described in the original post.  Yet the behavior is the same: I get taken to the Connections tab and no user is highlighted.  This is still occurring after recently upgrading to ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2.

TomasPokorny
New Contributor III

and still occurring in ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1 🙄

0 Kudos
MelissaJarman
Esri Contributor

@DirtDogRoj - this sounds like it is the same as the following enhancement (equivalency from ArcMap). I would suggest you contact support and get linked to this. 

ENH-000139001 - Please Allow Pro to Select/Highlight the Associated Connection When User Selects 'View User' Under the Locks Tab in Geodatabase Administration