Tools for editing geodatabase-schema

02-04-2015 02:36 AM
TomBos
by
New Contributor II

Usually I'm very happy with the tools offered for creating and maintaining geodatabase-schema's. Currently I'm working on rather complex geodatabase with a great number of domains, subtypes and relationshipclasses. For this I job I wanted to use ArcGIS Diagrammer, but since I'm working in 10.3 this option seems to be ruled out as a possibility. Any suggestions on good tools (other than the built-in tools)?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Re: ArcGIS Diagrammer 10.3  indicates that there will not be a 10.3 of ArcGIS Diagrammer, because Diagrammer uses a third party charting library that is no longer available. They suggest to stay at 10.2, but for many people that won't be an option.

There is X-Ray for ArcCatalog, but is only available for versions up to 10.2 and I have no idea if there is a 10.3 version coming soon: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=9ea218ff575f4a5195e01a2cae03a0ae

There are a number of options (not specifically for 10.3) discussed in this thread:

Where can I find the various Esri tools to design a geodatabase? - Geographic Information Systems St...

The alternative would be using Python, but that may include some serious programming...

TomBos
by
New Contributor II

X-Ray for ArcCatalog seems to work just fine on 10.3 when installing by double-clicking the *.esriAddIn instead of using the addin-manager. Hadn't heard of it so far and seems to be exactly the kind of functionality I was looking for. Thanks for the quick response !!

CharlesRobbins
New Contributor II

I had issue with getting this add-in to work, but I narrowed to my virus protection blocking it's enabling in ArcCatalog.

0 Kudos
BrianFausel
Occasional Contributor III

Does any one happen to know if the X-Ray for ArcCatalog works with a higher-than-Excel 2013 version? We are looking to upgrade, but Microsoft is advising us to get the latest version (2016?).

0 Kudos