Table's fully qualified name - SCHEMA?

Jump to solution
01-30-2018 04:10 PM
RyanKelso
Occasional Contributor III

When looking at the fully qualified name of an sde geodatabase table in ArcMap or ArcCatalog, it is always displayed as DatabaseName.SCHEMA.TableName.  At least it is with my setup:  SQL Server 2014 and ArcGIS 10.4.1.  Is there any way to make it so SCHEMA is not always displayed in all-caps?  This is basically a non-issue, it's just annoying to look at, so it would be nifty if there was a way to change it.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount

Hi Ryan,

I noticed that you had not gotten a response to this question so I wanted to go ahead and answer this here in case you were still wondering.

You are correct, for a SQL Server enterprise geodatabase we display the feature in a "databasename.SCHEMANAME.featurename" format. We do not offer a way to change the schema name to a lower case format. One thing you'll notice is that views created in the database have a lower case schema name but feature classes, feature datasets, etc. are all uppercase. This is by design.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I can answer anything else for you.

Jonathan

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount

Hi Ryan,

I noticed that you had not gotten a response to this question so I wanted to go ahead and answer this here in case you were still wondering.

You are correct, for a SQL Server enterprise geodatabase we display the feature in a "databasename.SCHEMANAME.featurename" format. We do not offer a way to change the schema name to a lower case format. One thing you'll notice is that views created in the database have a lower case schema name but feature classes, feature datasets, etc. are all uppercase. This is by design.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I can answer anything else for you.

Jonathan