SQL Server - error using views

06-29-2015 06:55 AM
PeterBaldwin
New Contributor II

We've created a view in SQL Server Management Studio but are getting an error message when viewing in ArcCatalog:

ArcCatalog_Error.png

The only thing unusual about the view query is that it is joining data from a Linked Server. We don't think it is a permissions issue as the user has permissions to display data from the main table and from the table reference via the Linked Server.

Thanks for any help,

Peter.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Are you able to preview the View in SQL Server Management Studio?

What kind of login is being used to create the View and preview in ArcMap (Database Authenticated or Windows Authenticated?

0 Kudos
PeterBaldwin
New Contributor II

Hi Asrujit,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm able to preview the View in SSMS okay. In ArcCatalog I'm using an OS Authenticated connection.

Thanks,

Peter.

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Can you give it a try with any Database Authenticated login and check what happens.

0 Kudos
PeterBaldwin
New Contributor II

It works okay with one of our Database Authenticated login.

Thanks,

Peter.

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Sorry for asking this again, but were you able to preview that same View in SQL Server Management Studio when connected with your Windows Authenticated login?

0 Kudos
PeterBaldwin
New Contributor II

Actually, when I try to do it in SSMS with Windows authentication using my user login I get this SQL error message:

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUSE LOGON'.

Previously in SSMS I have been connecting with an admin user, which was working fine.

Thanks,

Peter.

0 Kudos
PeterBaldwin
New Contributor II

That is of course ANONYMOUS

0 Kudos