SQL Server ArcSDE ST_Raster Installation and Configuration Error “.dll”

02-23-2017 10:39 PM
AhsanMukhtar1
New Contributor II

I have successfully installed ST_Raster Library in SQL Server machine following this tutorial http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.4/manage-data/using-sql-with-gdbs/install-st-raster-oracle.ht...

I have used ArcGIS 10.4 Configuration wizard for import and export of configurations

After installation i have also run this query

SELECT sde.st_raster_util_getVersion();

After installation i have also run this query.

SELECT sde.st_raster_util_getVersion();

This query successfully returned the "1000" that means i have successfully installed the ST_raster, i am also able to create a table in SQL server and from design of the table i can see the type is set ot ST_Raster.

CREATE TABLE sde.urban_area_sde (raster sde.ST_Raster, name > varchar(255));

When initializing the document as tutorial say i used below query to initialize the raster column

EXEC sde.ST_Raster_Util_Initialize 'AgriAhDB','sde','urban_area_sde','raster',4326,NULL,'DEFAULTS'

It was returned as error.

Msg 6522, Level 16, State 1, Procedure st_raster_util_initialize, Line > 0 [Batch Start Line 6] A .NET Framework error occurred during > execution of user-defined routine or aggregate > "st_raster_util_initialize": System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to > load DLL 'pe.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception > from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) System.DllNotFoundException: at > ESRI_ArcSDE.STRasterUtil.SdeRasterAPI.pe_factory_coordsys(Int32 > projectionID) at > ESRI_ArcSDE.STRasterUtil.StoredProcedures.getCoordSysFromPID(SqlInt32 > projectionID, String& srtext) at > ESRI_ArcSDE.STRasterUtil.StoredProcedures.getCoordSys(SqlInt32 > projectionID, SqlString projectionFile, String& srtext) at > ESRI_ArcSDE.STRasterUtil.StoredProcedures.createRasterColumn(SqlString > database, SqlString owner, SqlString tableName, SqlString columnName, > SqlInt32 projectionID, SqlString projectionFile, SqlString keyword, > SqlInt32& rastercolumnID, SqlInt32& regID) at > ESRI_ArcSDE.STRasterUtil.StoredProcedures.st_raster_util_initialize(SqlString > database, SqlString owner, SqlString tableName, SqlString columnName, > SqlInt32 projectionID, SqlString projectionFile, SqlString keyword)

I have restarted the SQL server service, but it was success in resolving the error. How can i resolve this error, is there any specified library that i need to place to use the ST_Raster procedure.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexanderBrown5
Occasional Contributor II

Ahsan,

I am confused.  You mention that you installed ST_Raster on SQL Server, but you posted a link to the Oracle help documentation. 

Which environment are you utilizing -- SQL Server or Oracle ?

Here is the SQL Server install directions for ST_Raster:

Install ST_Raster in SQL Server—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

~Alex

0 Kudos
AhsanMukhtar1
New Contributor II

Sorry i provided the wrong URL. I installed it using SQL server documentation. I have been able to test the installation of SQL server, and also to get describe function to raster but not been able to use other function it gives me now another error of libcompress.dll is missing as a .NET prompted error. 

May be you can help ?

0 Kudos
AlbertoAloe
Occasional Contributor

Hi guys.

I have a similar problem here.

Basically I'm doing some testing with ST_Raster in SQL server 2016. 

Installation was fine and I was able to load a raster from arcgis  into the geodatabase after altering the configuration file (RASTER_STORAGE).

In ssms I see the table with the ST_Raster column and I'm able to make some querying. However, when I try to create a table (or a variable ) with ST_PixelData I get an error.

If I run...

CREATE TABLE pixels (pdata dbo.ST_PixelData, row_id int);

INSERT INTO pixels(pdata , row_id) SELECT RASTER.getPixelData('level=1') , 1 FROM [dbo].[MEAN2008]

I get the following error....

Msg 6522, Level 16, State 1, Line 10
A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "ST_Raster":
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'pe.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
System.DllNotFoundException:
at ESRI_ArcSDE.STRasterUtil.SdeRasterAPI.pe_coordsys_from_string(String __unnamed000)
at ESRI_ArcSDE.STRasterUtil.ST_Raster_IO.getCoordSys(Int32 rastercolumnID)
at ST_RasterCommon.exportCommon(ST_RasterCommon* , SubsetParam* __unnamed000, SByte* compression)
at ST_RasterSS.getPixelData(ST_RasterSS* , Byte* A_0, Byte* A_1)
at ESRI_ArcSDE.STRasterType.ST_Raster.getPixelData(SqlString param)

Alberto

0 Kudos