Select to view content in your preferred language

Spatial Reference for A Registered Spatial View

08-21-2023 02:06 PM
vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.1 and couldn't set Spatial reference for a registered Spatial View. it always throws same error that "Can not alter the spatial reference because the feature dataset is in use by another application/user." even though I killed all connected users . have been facing issue for 4 months and raised a ticket with ESRI Support team and they end up with a BUG. Do you guys have any workaround for this 

5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

BUG-000134031 or one of these

Esri Support Search Results

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

If it's registered, then there's a layers table entry which could be UPDATEd.

Personally, I mostly just use Query Layers, which don't require registration.

- V

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

general practice, we use SQL View query, which includes, non-spatial fields and shape field. then, we register with Geodatabases.

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

There's lots of variables here: The RDBMS, the frequency of data layer creation, the mechanisms used to maintain data contents, use of versioning, availability of SQL admin tool, individual DBA comfort with direct SQL queries,...

I often have a SQL script to paste into a DB client (pgAdmin,...), with a follow-up ArcPy script to register as necessary. I once had an ArcPy script that loaded 40 tables into a temporary schema with FeatureClassToGeodatabase, then issued tens of thousands of SQL statements through ArcSDESQLExecute cursors to repopulate the 400M row publishing database.

- V

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

Thanks for your suggestion. I created new a Query Layer in arcgis pro from select statement of view and it worked and I was able to set spatial reference too

0 Kudos