Setting a new geodatabase keyword

Jump to solution
10-15-2014 05:46 AM
ChrisMathers
Occasional Contributor III

I'm having trouble getting a new configuration keyword set up. I'm experimenting with converting the esri binary geometry objects into SQL native geometry objects in a sandbox enterprise database but it requires a new config keyword with a parameter of 'GEOMETRY_STORAGE' that has a value of 'SDEBINARY to GEOMETRY'. I added this to the GEOMETRY keyword but its not working. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

Check to make sure you specified the UI_TEXT parameter:

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

To make configuration keywords accessible to ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcObjects users, you must have a user interface (UI) storage parameter in the configuration keyword's parameter group. Any configuration keywords that do not have a UI storage parameter will not be available to the ArcGIS users.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

Check to make sure you specified the UI_TEXT parameter:

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

To make configuration keywords accessible to ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcObjects users, you must have a user interface (UI) storage parameter in the configuration keyword's parameter group. Any configuration keywords that do not have a UI storage parameter will not be available to the ArcGIS users.

0 Kudos
ChrisMathers

Ah thanks, got a different error now but its taking the keyword at least.

0 Kudos
RandyKreuziger

Beware of Bug NIM-090100  that was introduced in 10.1 SP1.  It was identified 18 months ago as a medium severity bug but I talked to ESRI and they aren't fixing it anytime soon.

Synopsis

Extra fields called SHAPE_ST.AREA__ and SHAPE_STLENGTH__ are added to an output feature class when using the Feature Class to Feature Class and the Copy Features geoprocessing tools.

Additional Status Information

N/A

Alternate Solution

Remove the extra fields from the Field Map in the Feature Class to Feature Class geoprocessing tool.

0 Kudos