Jump to solution
11-29-2018 01:31 AM
HiteshJilka
New Contributor III

Hello, 

RDBMS: Oracle 12c

Parent Enterprise GDB : 10.3.1

Child Enterprise GDB : 10.4.1

Few weeks ago I raised a question related to standalone python script of synchronization which takes long time to complete but didnt received any solution on that. In addition to that,  from database trace I found below statement taking more than 10 mins during synchronization process.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE SDE.sde_xml_doc2 SET xml_doc = :xml_doc, doc_property = :doc_prop ,
xml_doc_val = :xml_doc_val
WHERE
SDE_XML_ID IN ( :xml_id1)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i saw the records in the "SDE.SDE_XML_DOC2" table, I found from one of column (XML_DOC_VAL) it stores logs for each synchronization process (runs as python script) and during synchronization it appends each day logs due to which the above statement takes longer than expected. It also stores XML_DOC in BLOB segment along with this. 

Few starting lines of column (XML_DOC_VAL)  output from table "SDE.SDE_XML_DOC2" 

; en ; 20171010 ; 07291500 ; 1.0 ; TRUE ; c:\program files (x86)\arcgis\desktop10.4\ArcToolbox\Toolboxes\Data Management Tools.tbx\SynchronizeChanges ; 20171010 ; 072915 ; SynchronizeChanges "Database Connections\gisdb_ARCDATA.sde" DTPS_KLDTPS_ARCDATA_ALL_FC_EXDATA "Database Connections\kldtps_ARCDATA.sde" BOTH_DIRECTIONS IN_FAVOR_OF_GDB1 BY_OBJECT DO_NOT_RECONCILE ; c:\program files (x86)\arcgis\desktop10.4\ArcToolbox\Toolboxes\Data Management Tools.tbx\SynchronizeChanges ; 

is there any possibility to do housekeeping for this table and other system tables relevant to Synchronize process to improve the performance.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Those tables also store the GP history on the FC's in the EGDB.

You may want to look at the following posts/tools for clearing up the GP history:

How To: Delete geoprocessing history from a geodatabase 

Clear Geoprocessing History - https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=3646c7d507f44dbbba7a950b15315a0d 

I would start there.

--- George T.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Those tables also store the GP history on the FC's in the EGDB.

You may want to look at the following posts/tools for clearing up the GP history:

How To: Delete geoprocessing history from a geodatabase 

Clear Geoprocessing History - https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=3646c7d507f44dbbba7a950b15315a0d 

I would start there.

--- George T.
HiteshJilka
New Contributor III

Thank you for helping in this query. In addition to this, I found that we can stop logging GP history into SDE_XML_DOC2 table by adding a line of code in standalone python script. I found it from thread "https://community.esri.com/thread/33846".  

arcpy.gp.logHistory = False