Select to view content in your preferred language

Replica Best Practices

Jump to solution
02-15-2024 10:14 AM
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey All,

We're making swift progress replicating data between two SQL servers, but I'm curious on some potential issues or problems.

I was curious if there were an easy way to schedule replications? It doesn't seem to have a schedule that can be applied, and these are my settings here:

CodyPatterson_0-1708020836766.png

Should I change it to a checkout? I'm not sure at this point, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Cody

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tmichael_wpjwa
New Contributor III

The geoprocessing tool that you're using to create the replica doesn't have any parameters for scheduling a synchronization between the two geodatabases.  To schedule synchronizations you can look at Scheduling geoprocessing tools in ArcGIS Pro or creating a python script that uses the Synchronize Changes geoprocessing tool, and then using something like Task Scheduler to execute the script on a schedule of your choosing.

The type of replica you create depends on your needs for transferring data changes between the two geodatabases.  It would be good to review the Geodatabase replication types documentation to see what type best fits your needs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tmichael_wpjwa
New Contributor III

The geoprocessing tool that you're using to create the replica doesn't have any parameters for scheduling a synchronization between the two geodatabases.  To schedule synchronizations you can look at Scheduling geoprocessing tools in ArcGIS Pro or creating a python script that uses the Synchronize Changes geoprocessing tool, and then using something like Task Scheduler to execute the script on a schedule of your choosing.

The type of replica you create depends on your needs for transferring data changes between the two geodatabases.  It would be good to review the Geodatabase replication types documentation to see what type best fits your needs.

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @tmichael_wpjwa 

I appreciate the information, that's exactly what I need!

Thank you,

Cody

0 Kudos