Select to view content in your preferred language

Register with Geodatabase but No Object ID

Jump to solution
08-28-2024 12:10 PM
JoshSaad1
Frequent Contributor

I created a simple database view to summarize our site address data in a MSAG-like format.  Basically, it's a list of our road names with the high and low addresses for each, that's grouped by road.  Here's the code:

SELECT fullname as "Full Road Name", count(fullname) as "# of Addresses", Min(Cast(addrnum as double precision)) as "Low Address", Max(Cast(addrnum as double precision)) as "High Address", Format(last_edited_date,'d', 'en-US') as "Date Edited"
FROM [GIS].[dbo].[SiteAddressPoint_evw]
Group By fullname, last_edited_date
Order By fullname;

I'd like to publish the table to our Open Data Hub so that people can query it or download it on their own.

Since the data is summarized, I don't have an Object ID field or another type of unique identifier, so I can't add it to a map or register it with our Enterprise Geodatabase.

Does anyone know if there's a workaround or a solution that would allow me to do this?  I tried including the ObjectID in the query, but that creates rows for each address and undoes the grouping.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I use  MIN(OBJECTID)Edit: CAST(MIN(OBJECTID) AS INT)

But I prefer to use Oracle’s ROWNUM pseudocolumn. I imagine SQL Server has an equivalent mechanism.

I normally need to do this:  CAST(ROWNUM AS INT) AS ROWNUM_  so that Pro will recognize the number as an integer instead of a double.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I use  MIN(OBJECTID)Edit: CAST(MIN(OBJECTID) AS INT)

But I prefer to use Oracle’s ROWNUM pseudocolumn. I imagine SQL Server has an equivalent mechanism.

I normally need to do this:  CAST(ROWNUM AS INT) AS ROWNUM_  so that Pro will recognize the number as an integer instead of a double.

JoshSaad1
Frequent Contributor

I thought I had a solution, but I couldn't get it to register with the geodatabase.  I used: 

Row_Number()
Over(Order By fullname) as "ObjectID"

But I didn't think to cast it as an integer.  So after I saw your post I updated it to 

Cast(Row_Number() Over(Order By fullname) as Int) as "ObjectID"

and that totally word. 

Thanks!