No Data on a db connection

Jump to solution
01-23-2015 06:43 AM
ValentineAndanje
New Contributor II

Hi guys

Why am i unable to access my data through this database connections on my pc  (see image below)? I can however access the data from arcmap that's installed on the server.

Regards,

Val.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Can you try to rename the ESRI folder to 'ESRI_old' in the following location after closing all Desktop interface and then try creating a new connection:

C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\ESRI

Check if this helps!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
KyleDixon
Occasional Contributor

What type of database? How are you connecting?

Does it connect and the database appears empty?

0 Kudos
ValentineAndanje
New Contributor II

hi Kyle

I am using sql server and yes its connecting when I refresh the database connections they appear to have data inside them but once i open there is nothing.

I also forgot to mention that I tried connecting to the db using my colleague's PC and was able to see and edit  the data

KyleDixon
Occasional Contributor

Are you connecting identically on your colleague's machine? Same client? Version? User?

Are you and your colleague on the same subnet? Firewalls are sometime configured to only allow access to certain IP ranges. (Probably not it though).

Unfortunately I'm more of an Oracle type, it's been a few years since I've used SQuirreL Server

0 Kudos
ValentineAndanje
New Contributor II

yes

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Can you try to rename the ESRI folder to 'ESRI_old' in the following location after closing all Desktop interface and then try creating a new connection:

C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\ESRI

Check if this helps!

QuinnFrancis
New Contributor III

Valentine,

The user that you are connecting with may not be assigned the permissions required to see the data.  You can grant privileges to database users by connecting to the database as the data owner, right clicking a dataset > Manage > Privileges

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

0 Kudos
ValentineAndanje
New Contributor II

Hi Quinn,

The user has permissions. when i connect with my colleague's PC am able to view and edit the data.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Adding this to the Geodatabase group

Geodatabase

--- George T.