Issues with Permissions on a Geodatabase

12-21-2017 03:08 AM
JessTate
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have a geodatabase on SQL server that has users and accounts connecting in but when I right click on a feature class go to Manage>Privileges, the permissions are not visible. Will the permissions be there but not visible or is there something in Management Studio that will be allowing the connections in?  

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

If you grant Privileges using ArcCatalog, then those will be listed in the Manage>Privileges window in ArcCatalog.

Permissions granted from the Database end, will not show up here in ArcCatalog. So probably the permissions in your case were granted from the DB end, hence nothing shows up there.

JessTate
New Contributor II

Thank you, we apply all of the permissions through ArcCatalog but create the relevant privileges from DB end, could that be the issue?

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Is this what you observe in ArcCatalog?

Try granting some privilege to a User (Connected as Data Owner) > Apply the changes > Close ArcCatalog > Reopen> Check if the privilege still shows or it doesn't after reopening..

0 Kudos
JessTate
New Contributor II

The screenshot is what I observe but there's a lock (account connecting in) on the feature class, even though the privileges aren't visible.

I am able to grant some privileges and they show after closing and reopening ArcCatalog.

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Jess Tate wrote:

I am able to grant some privileges and they show after closing and reopening ArcCatalog.

So it seems that Database permissions\roles were granted to these users from the SQL Server side.

Check the Database level permissions for these users, and you should get a better idea. 

JessTate
New Contributor II

Hi, thank you, I will check the database side

0 Kudos