Issue in Oracle ArcGIS connection

Jump to solution
04-22-2015 04:05 AM
SandipSawant
New Contributor II

Dear All,

I am using ArcGIS 10.2 desktop. We are having direct connection with Oracle 11gR2 using .sde file.

This connection was working well from long back. But just from last couple of days we are facing some issue while making connection from ArcCatalogue/ArcMAP using .sde file.

Like when  i click on.sde file (which was working perfect before) for Oracle DB connection (or even while making connection as Right click on Sde file > connection Properties > filling proper details >ok ), Catalogue get closes without any error alerts or warning.

Oracle is getting connected properly from ouside like from Toad, SQLPLUS etc.

Even when we are opening MXD files which are having inbuilt connection with the same database, ArcMap get closes automatically before opening that files. (ArcMap working properly for files without DB connections, new files creation etc.)

Here seems like some issue with Oracle connections to ArcGIS gateway but not sure what parameter I need to check to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Sandip,

Here is the link to the patch for the ArcGIS clients: ArcGIS 'Oracle Critical Patch Update - October 2014' Connection Issue Patch | Samples and Utilities

It will need to be installed on any ArcGIS client that is connecting to that Oracle database (or any other Oracle database) that have installed the Oracle Security patches. This also applies to non-geodatabases (no SDE repository tables).

As a side note: There is not patch for the ArcGIS 10.2 client.

Hope this help!

-George

GeodatabaseManaging Data

--- George T.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

What is the exact version of Oracle database being used?

Was any Oracle patch installed recently?

Is the issue happening while connecting with any user?

0 Kudos
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

We just ran into a similar issue this week after updates were applied to our Oracle Database. Turns out it was a known bug and there is a patch/service pack update we applied to all machines with ArcMap and ArcGIS Server to fix it.

43293 - ArcGIS cannot connect to an Oracle database after installing Oracle Critical Patch Update fo...

That may or may not be the issue you are having, but it fits exactly to what I experienced this week.

George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Sandip,

Here is the link to the patch for the ArcGIS clients: ArcGIS 'Oracle Critical Patch Update - October 2014' Connection Issue Patch | Samples and Utilities

It will need to be installed on any ArcGIS client that is connecting to that Oracle database (or any other Oracle database) that have installed the Oracle Security patches. This also applies to non-geodatabases (no SDE repository tables).

As a side note: There is not patch for the ArcGIS 10.2 client.

Hope this help!

-George

GeodatabaseManaging Data

--- George T.
0 Kudos
SandipSawant
New Contributor II

Hi George,

This Patch helped m e to indeed resolve my issue on ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.1. Database connection is working correctly now. Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers

Sandip

0 Kudos