Is there any way to maintain SHAPE.STArea(), SHAPE.STLength() when exporting to FGDB ?

Jump to solution
12-29-2022 01:35 AM
shamnasPC
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying export Feature classes from SDE (SQL server) to fgdb, my field name SHAPE.STArea() and SHAPE.STLength() automatically get changed to Shape_Area and Shape_Length in FGDB. Is there any way to maintain the field SHAPE.STArea() and SHAPE.STLength() itself.

Thanks,

Shamnas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GoWest
by
New Contributor III

The columns that you mention are computed and can be safely ignored.  In fact, you don't need to export these columns because the FGDB will re-add them upon import into the FGDB.  These are "virtual columns" which are maintained by the software.

If you must rename them, for whatever reason, you can open the Feature Class in the  "Data Design > Fields" editor and change the alias of this column.  I like to hide these 2 columns, so I uncheck the Visible checkbox.

GoWest_0-1672312211897.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GoWest
by
New Contributor III

The columns that you mention are computed and can be safely ignored.  In fact, you don't need to export these columns because the FGDB will re-add them upon import into the FGDB.  These are "virtual columns" which are maintained by the software.

If you must rename them, for whatever reason, you can open the Feature Class in the  "Data Design > Fields" editor and change the alias of this column.  I like to hide these 2 columns, so I uncheck the Visible checkbox.

GoWest_0-1672312211897.png