Grant Read Access to SDE_Compress_Log

06-20-2019 09:25 AM
BrianCollins
Occasional Contributor

How can I grant read-only (select) access to non database owner users for the SDE_Compress_Log table in SQL Server 2016 or ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1? I've tried in both environments and the settings seem correct. That table belongs to the SDE schema, while other users belong to a different schema. Users that are in the db_owner role can see it, but those in db_datareader and/or db_datawriter roles cannot see this table.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I am curious why you would want to share that with non-GDB admins?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
BrianCollins
Occasional Contributor

This particular database is heavily versioned and runs automated nightly reconcile, post, indexing and compression processes. Some of our power users have requested read-only access to the resource so that they can confirm that processes executed and the database was compressed.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Ok, another option would be to create a new table and copy/paste the data via python from the sde_compress table into something that they would be able to have permissions to.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
CraigSwadner
Occasional Contributor

Or you could create an ssrs report and email them a report.

This is what we do…

Craig Swadner (GIS Coordinator)

City of Cape Coral

1015 Cultural Park Blvd.

Cape Coral, Fl 33990

Did you know the best way to report issues to ITS is to use the Service Desk system? This will ensure someone in ITS gets your request and allows us to track the progress. Please enter all your issues and/or questions by clicking https://breeze.cape.capecoral.net