Geodatabase synchronization between oracle and MS-SQL databases

Jump to solution
06-02-2022 02:10 AM
AbhijeetKulkarni
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I am trying to build replication between Oracle and MS-SQL geodatabases but I am unable to do so. Has anyone succeeded in building sync system where source and destination are different DB and different versioning  enabled?

Source: Oracle geodatabase (10.4.1)- Traditional versioned

Destination: MS-SQL geodatabase (10.9.1) Branch versioned

Thank You.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbhijeetKulkarni
Occasional Contributor

Since ESRI replication setup is not recommended for multiple complications as mentioned by Vince, we decided to go FME way to extract and insert/update/delete to DEFAULT version using changedetector + AttributeCreator transformers.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @AbhijeetKulkarni,

I am trying to build replication between Oracle and MS-SQL geodatabases ...

FYI, this capability is available in ArcGIS, it's called geodatabase replication

Has anyone succeeded in building sync system where source and destination are ... different versioning  enabled?

I don't think this is possible. The purpose of replication is to "copy/transfer" content from one geodatabase to another; the same content. What you propose: 'converting' one method of versioning to another is not supported as far as I'm aware.

Hope this helps,

VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I've used a number of mechanisms to push contents from one database to another, but attempting this with different database vendors and such a large release gap and a different versioning model seems to drift into nightmare.  For a production system, you really need to limit to no more than one complication (and different versioning models should be scored as two or three complications).

Sorry.

- V

AbhijeetKulkarni
Occasional Contributor

Since ESRI replication setup is not recommended for multiple complications as mentioned by Vince, we decided to go FME way to extract and insert/update/delete to DEFAULT version using changedetector + AttributeCreator transformers.

Thank you.

0 Kudos