Gaps in Polygon Feature Layer

Jump to solution
07-31-2014 04:23 PM
HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have a polygon feature class which seems to have gaps. I am not sure because I could see them only at 1:0.6 scale or below. I created a topology wherein I didn't find any errors against rule 'must not have gaps'. However when I ran integrate tool on the feature class with XY tolerance of 0.1 meters, gaps were not visible  at 1:0.6 scale or below.

snapping_gaps.jpg

I am curious as why this is happening!

Any help is appreciated.

ArcGIS Version: 10.2.2

Licence: Advanced

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RiyasDeen
Occasional Contributor III

Your original feature class XY tolerance / Resolution might have been lesser than 0.1 (possibly default 0.001 / 0.0001) and the features were captured with higher resolution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RiyasDeen
Occasional Contributor III

Your original feature class XY tolerance / Resolution might have been lesser than 0.1 (possibly default 0.001 / 0.0001) and the features were captured with higher resolution.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

What flavor geodatabase are you using?

Although I am using v10.0 with sp5, I have noticed that file geodatabase polygons are sensitive to unwanted shifts in an edit session.   I have reverted back to only editing polygons with classic snapping and setting a sticky tolerance of no less than 1000 pixels and typically more.

For the past few sessions things have remained on their best behavior.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

As I mentioned I am working on ArcGIS 10.2.2. And this the first time I observed this issue. Well next time I will try classic snapping and capture the data to see the difference. I will keep you posted here. Thnks Joe

0 Kudos
HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

Well I never changed snapping tolerance while capturing the data. So your explanation justifies my query. Thank you very much Riyas

0 Kudos