Features corrupted

Jump to solution
03-01-2018 02:09 PM
PennySawyer1
New Contributor

I have a feature class stored in a SDE database and it says that I have 2194 number of records. I only see 2192 features. When i clicked to zoom or flash the features nothing happened.  Can these two missing features become corrupted. Our server at work goes down a lot. I see this happen often . Just curious if it is due to a slow server. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Penny, yes your missing features are corrupted.  We would see that happen from time to time when someone would use a Copy command in an improper way.  The spatial component would not copy over.  Our only options at time would be to delete the corrupted records, and either reload from an archive or recreate them. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Penny, yes your missing features are corrupted.  We would see that happen from time to time when someone would use a Copy command in an improper way.  The spatial component would not copy over.  Our only options at time would be to delete the corrupted records, and either reload from an archive or recreate them. 

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I too have had this experience in an enterprise gdb.  If you look at the records in the attribute table of the two problem children, my guess is they'll not have any values in the field.  I always chalked these occurrences to an undocumented feature, but I have heard what David Coley‌ describes in his comment as the source.  All I've ever done is delete the problem records from the attribute table as he suggests.

That should just about do it....