Error trying to view locks

Jump to solution
12-19-2017 10:29 AM
MichaelStranovsky
Occasional Contributor

I am receiving this error while clicking on the lock tab in Geodatabase Administration using ArcCatalog 10.5.1.  Has anyone else experienced this?

56 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Rex,

Thanks for the detail.

The compress problem is just like the view locks problem - both are fixed after following each of the steps you listed.

Including a required change from full to simple in order to successfully get it to work without filling up the disk with a run-away transaction log.

Once the orphan records are clear, compress is fast (a couple seconds) again.

If a user happens to crash an ArcMap session or have to kill a non-responsive session a new orphan record will cause the same problems.

With ESRI support we also found that with the update to 10.5 requiring geocoding locators to be removed from inside the geodatabase and placed in a file folder they were not successfully rebuilding from usual nightly windows task scheduler running python script due to ArcGIS Server placing locks on them as a web service.

We think those failed rebuilds were creating the orphan records. 

Notes:

1. Stop ArcGIS Server address locator services
  2. Rebuild address locators
  3. Overwrite address locator services
ErnestoCarreras4
New Contributor III

AdminNCCMA
New Contributor II

Rex, experiencing this issue with 10.6.1 SQL Server 2016. Is there an update on this bug?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

It is showing to be included in the upcoming Pro 2.3 release.

I would highly recommend contact Esri Technical Support for more information on the defect.

--- George T.
AdminNCCMA
New Contributor II

Thanks George, but how does Pro 2.3 help with the issue in Desktop?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

It does not, but Technical Support may be able to provide more information related to a possible fix in Desktop.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
ThomasKonzel
Occasional Contributor

Rex Robichaux Experiencing this same issue using ArcCatalog 10.6.1 and a 10.5.0 Geodatabase on Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (SP2-GDR) (KB4057120) - 12.0.5214.6 (X64).  For now, we'll investigate the query and solution provided by Matthew Boyle‌ 

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

ArcMap 10.7 has the fix

RayChilcote
Occasional Contributor

Do we know what the "Fix" is? 

I don't want the error hidden.  I want to know what is broke (which states/locks/processes are having issue).

One cause is orphaned states.  If there are edits being lost, I want to know.  I don't want loss covered up and with the feeling "everything is good".

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

https://downloads.esri.com/support/downloads/other_/107-IssuesAddressedList-03182019.pdf 

BUG-000110574

Accessing a geodatabase's locks information returns the following error message in the Geodatabase Administration dialog

box: "Column value is null."

0 Kudos