Error Registering DataSource on ArcGIS Server

Jump to solution
09-30-2015 10:05 AM
DEVAPP
by
New Contributor III

Hi at all,

i have istalled  on the same machine ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Server.

So i have istalled a oracle client 32 bit to connection on Oracle by ArcMap, but ArcGIS Server is 64 bit so now when i try to registered the data source into ArcGIS Server Manager i recive this error:

Cannot connect to database because the database client software failed to load. Be sure the database client software is installed and configured correctly.

How i can resolve this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Right Click on 'My Computer' > Properties > Advanced system settings > Advanced > Environment Variables.. > Under 'System Variables' check for a variable named PATH

View solution in original post

8 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

You will need both Oracle 64-bit and 32-bit clients. 32-bit for ArcGIS Desktop and 64-bit for ArcGIS Server.

In the Environment Variable, the path of the 64-bit Client should be ahead of the path for the 32-bit client. This way both ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Server will work.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can ArcGIS Pro be a client to create mapservices like ArcGIS Desktop is?  If this is the case, then you could setup an environment where you only need 64-bit client as Pro and Server are 64-bit apps.  Is this correct?

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

The first link says that this capability will be available in a future release.  Do you have any idea what that future release is? Could it be Pro 1.2 that is scheduled to be released in Q1 2016?

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

No, I am not aware if this is going to be a part of ArcGIS Pro 1.2.

Even the person answering there was not sure about the Dates and Version, so I think it is on the cards, but 'when', I don't know as off yet.

0 Kudos
DEVAPP
by
New Contributor III

What Environment Variable? ORACLE_HOME?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Right Click on 'My Computer' > Properties > Advanced system settings > Advanced > Environment Variables.. > Under 'System Variables' check for a variable named PATH

DEVAPP
by
New Contributor III

thanks for your help

0 Kudos