ERROR CREATING ENTERPRISE GEODATABASE

Jump to solution
06-19-2015 11:02 AM
cursoprueba
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have a problem creating an enterprise geodatabase, two days ago I have created a geodatabase throw ArcMap with an SQL Server connection and everything went well, but today I'm trying to create another geodatabase using the same SA and SDE Credentials but it fails when running the process, and this message appears:

And the route marked in red shows the following message:

Then I open SQL Server Management Studio and there is the Database created.

I will aprecciate if someone could tell me how to fix this problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

It looks like you gave "db_Owner" role to the SDE user, remove that for the creation of the geodatabase.

-George

--- George T.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Curso,

Just a guess. The sde password that was generated could be a one-time password. Login to SQL Server via sde credential, and define a new password. Let me know if it works?

Think Location
0 Kudos
cursoprueba
New Contributor

Hi Jayanta,

although I changed the passwoord, the error still appears.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Curso,

Have you applied 'sysadmin' role to your SDE user? If so, you can revoke this in SQL Server Management Studio. Security > Logins> right-click the SDE user > Properties > Server Roles.  Uncheck 'sysadmin'.

EDIT: If the above solution doesn't work, you might want to have a look at this article.

40606 - Geodatabase upgrade in SQL Server fails with error code -549 in the log

Think Location
George_Thompson

It looks like you gave "db_Owner" role to the SDE user, remove that for the creation of the geodatabase.

-George

--- George T.
cursoprueba
New Contributor

When I  did that, I could not connect to any other geodatabase, so I have returned the previous passwoord.

But I think I have fixed it deleting the sde login and databases linked in SQL Server, and creating again a new BD throw ArcMap and new sde too, so at the moment it works.

Thank you for your support!.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

If you look at the error message it says.....

"...revoke database owner from the SDE login..."

I do not think it has anything to do with the password.

-George

--- George T.
cursoprueba
New Contributor

Hi George,

I have removed the sde login and database to start from nothing again, I am new in database usage .

Thank you for the support.

0 Kudos