Select to view content in your preferred language

Enterprise GeoDatabase - Find out who deleted Features

Jump to solution
10-19-2023 06:30 PM
SahilBhouraskar
New Contributor

Hi Team, 

We have noticed a few assets (poles) missing from our eGDB. 

When I look in SQLDeveloper, I can see the _H table that tells me when the feature existed using the FROM and TO fields. I cannot work out the WHO. 

Is there a way to check this? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidSolari
Occasional Contributor III

The traditional archiving method? Nope, you're out of luck with the data table alone, you might be able to correlate the GDB_TO_DATE with other database or server logs but no guarantees. Branch Versioned tables have their own schema that includes the GDB_DELETED BY field which should list the culprit, if you can work out a migration plan I'd recommend switching.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarlonAmaya
Esri Contributor

Hi @SahilBhouraskar  Archiving alone does not provide editor tracking fields which gives you the WHO. The last editor would be tracked when using Editor Tracking.

You can take a look more in depth on Archiving by using Historical Moments. But I do not believe you will see the actual user.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/overview/working-with-historical-mom...

Editor Tracking resource:

Marlon

DavidSolari
Occasional Contributor III

The traditional archiving method? Nope, you're out of luck with the data table alone, you might be able to correlate the GDB_TO_DATE with other database or server logs but no guarantees. Branch Versioned tables have their own schema that includes the GDB_DELETED BY field which should list the culprit, if you can work out a migration plan I'd recommend switching.

0 Kudos