Editing default with version view (evw - multi-version view) in sde with many versions

09-29-2021 12:14 PM
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

Is there any risk in editing the default version with an multi-version view (evw) in an sde environment?

• We have a number of batch jobs that update default version attributes with sql and the evw
  • Database is Oracle
  •  We have a high number of versions within the database, ~900. All of the versions have default as parent
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

Bumping this one up... 

0 Kudos
Steve_Salas
Occasional Contributor

If the changes impact a signifcant number of records that are likely to be edited in those existing versions, I'd be prepared for conflicts arising during the reconcile process.  Sure you can automatically resolve conflicts in favor of _______ version, but I don't think it will differentiate between conflicts with your SQL update against the EVW vs. conflicts created by a different version being posted.  Those are the factors I would look at without knowing much else about your data & workflow.

0 Kudos
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks Steven.

Right. The fields in question only get edited by the evw jobs and they are mostly static values, i.e. once set they are unlikely to change. So, I think the conflicts will be low.

0 Kudos