Select to view content in your preferred language

ecp file for enterprise geodatabase v11 on postgres using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3

Jump to solution
02-07-2023 09:22 AM
gpgisandsky
Occasional Contributor

I'm using ArcGIS SERVER v11+Portal for ArcGIS + ArcGIS PRO 3.0.3 + Postgres 13.16 + postgis 3.2.

I licensed ArcGIS SERVER v11 using a *.prvc licensing file. Now, I need a Autorization file to create Enterprise geodatabase on Postgres SQL. How I can got the *.ecp file/authorization file? The paths indicated on the following image (popup of authorization file) doesn't exixt on my server. My ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS work fine and ArcGIS Pro is connected correctly to the portal too.

Opening *.prvc file I can read ECPXXXX code. 

create-enterprise-geodatabase.png

the ArcGIS Pro user's guide (https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/manage-postgresql/setup-geodatabase-... says:

"You may need to copy the keycodes file from the ArcGIS Server machine to a location that the Create Enterprise Geodatabase geoprocessing tool can access." but there'isnt details regarding the steps to apply.

In the end I need st_geometry.dll file because into myesri under v.11 version I didn't find it.

Thank you

Giuseppe P.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

If you don't have a Keycodes file you can use C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin (for ArcMAP) or C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin (for Pro) > softwareauthorization.exe with ArcGIS Server Basic license code to generate your own Keycodes file. You can find your ECP License Code in My Esri > My Organizations > Licensing > View Authorizations > ArcGIS GIS Server Basic.
Run the tool, select ArcGIS Server. The Keycodes file will be created in C:\Program Files (x86)\ESRI\License10.8\sysgen (or similar depending on your version).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

If you don't have a Keycodes file you can use C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin (for ArcMAP) or C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin (for Pro) > softwareauthorization.exe with ArcGIS Server Basic license code to generate your own Keycodes file. You can find your ECP License Code in My Esri > My Organizations > Licensing > View Authorizations > ArcGIS GIS Server Basic.
Run the tool, select ArcGIS Server. The Keycodes file will be created in C:\Program Files (x86)\ESRI\License10.8\sysgen (or similar depending on your version).

gpgisandsky
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chris thank you for your support. Using ArcGIS Pro  softwareauthorizationpro.exe I got my keycode file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ESRI\License11.0\sysgen\keycodes". About the st_geometry.dll where I could download it (for Postgres 13.16 + postgis 3.2.)?

Best regards

Giuseppe

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

The st_geometry library can be downloaded from My Esri.

--- George T.
0 Kudos