Dynamic Geocoding Help needed.

10-06-2014 02:51 PM
ChuckShaw
New Contributor II

I need to be able to dynamically geocode addresses for an upcoming Emergency Operation Center (EOC) exercise.  Participants in the exercise will be populating a database, via a web browser (java based), that pushes their input into a SQL database.  To get useful information out of this EOC web interface, our web developer has created a SQL Table View with the information required to geocode.  Now, it has become painfully obvious that I can't create a dynamic geocoding service with this SQL Table View.  Apparently, to create a dynamic geocoding service, the table and the geocoded output results (point feature class), must reside inside a geodatabase together to work dynamically.  As incidents are being added and deleted within the SQL Table View, I want the geocoding results to be shown dynamically on a large overhead projector in our EOC.  Does anyone know how to take a SQL Table View and have it overwrite another table in a geodatabase, which will subsequently maintain the dynamic relationship created within the geodatabase? Is there any other way to make this work?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BeckyColwell-Ongenae
New Contributor III

Did you ever figure this out?  I realize it's been a while since you asked the question, but I need to be able to do the same exact thing.

Thanks!

0 Kudos